Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Quick update

We're in Chiang Mai now (way north of Thailand, and a hippy backpacker mecca), having just ended our 28 hour or so trip back from Cambodia, through Bangkok. I have much already written about Cambodia, and will post it when I have a better inet connection (weirdly, there are ADSL connections in Siem Riep, Cambodia, but our guest house didn't have one.) I have only 3 days here, and on the third night (Friday night) will take the overnight train back to Bangkok, since I have an 8AM flight back to the states on Sunday morning.

Ev will stay on and do several things up north here. First, if she can get in, is to take a Thai cooking course, which looks really neat from the brochure. The second is to go to Elephant Poop Farm. This isn't actually the name of the place, but it's what we've been calling it since we discovered it, figuring that elephants do a lot of this - they're actually a rehabilitation center for mistreated elephants, and she paid them some money for the privelege of volunteering there for a week.

I'll let her post about this, but it will be a while, since I'll be bringing the laptop back with me, and she'll need to write it up when she gets back to Seattle on about October 1st.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better... much better. 3 weeks go by quick! It seems like you just got there. The cooking course sounds like fun! In my youth I worked briefly for a carnival attached to a circus and there were some pretty sad elephants. Feeding, washing, and cleaning up after even just one is a truly "elephantine" task. Don't ever let one follow you home!
p.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you continue to be having a fun time, that the "sick day" did not keep you grounded for long. I read where it is rainy season in the area of Thailand where you two are. Post more when you can. Mom

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you two won't have time to check out the new Disneyland just opened in Hong Kong!!!

Evelyn, I always knew you had talent for great things! What a wonderful item for your life resume. by the way, is PETA sponsoring your volunteer time?

Cassie

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home