Friday, September 08, 2006

sick day

I knew this was coming eventually, but didn't realize just how bad it would be. The local bugs have finally caught up to me. We were scheduled to get up early for the bus to Siem Riep (the Cambodian town near Angkor Wat), but we had to instead see if the hostel can accommodate us for another day. I've done nothing but lay here and sleep and go to the bathroom since about 4 this morning. I'm just glad it didn't come on after we were already on the bus. Up until this point, I've been quite healthy - feeling better than I do at home, most days (if tired out from travel.) I am feeling better as the day goes by, so we'll see how I feel in the morning.

I brought lots of immodium, which I'm eating like candy.

Gives us both a chance to catch up on posting, anyway. Not sure what can be done to avoid this kind of thing, and still enjoy your vacation. Go to a resort and never step off the grounds, I suppose. We've been pretty careful about drinking the local water, etc, but something was bound to get through.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If its any consolation, the next time around will probably be less severe. I don't know if you can eat anything, but if you can find apples, they are famous for their pectin. The "pec" in Kaopectate. The "kao" is kaolin the expansive clay they use for "china". And who says western medicine is sophisticated. Just dirt and a jelling agent. Maybe a good distraction would be to figure out how immodium works.
p.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home