Sunday, August 20, 2006

Leaving in a few days...

...going to join Evelyn in Taipei on 8/25, then we move on to Bangkok on 8/29. We'll see where we wind up from there. We want to see Angkor Wat in Cambodia, and we want to take the train south through Malaysia to Singapore. Other than that, we're open to suggestions (though of course we want to see lots of neat things in Thailand, and I don't fly back until the 17th of September, so there's lots of time.) State department tells us not to go to Indonesia, so that's out (Bali will have to wait until we get along better with the rest of the world). Ev will be staying a week and a half after I come back, and potentially going to Vietnam.

I'm trying to pack ultra-light, figuring if I've forgotten anything absolutely vital, I'll just buy it there. I'm thinking of it as an adventure in minimalism. Last international trip I made (northern Europe), I was easily the lightest-packed person, and I still never touched half the stuff I lugged across the Altantic. That was six or seven years ago, and of course I wrote none of those lessons down.

Evelyn hasn't posted on her blog for awhile, despite our admonitions, but I'll try to keep this one more up-to-date on our adventures.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends recommend ChangMai in the north of Thailand, cheap, elephants, jungle. Be safe, be careful and take lots of pictures.

Cassie

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm assuming your car didn't break down in the middle of Washington, and you made your flight ok? Have a good time!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pack the imodium AD and be sure to sample any strange fruits and veggies...and have fun, damnit!
p.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and how was the plane? Did you see any snakes?
p.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home